- This event has passed.
Landmark Travels: Holidays Across the Border
December 8, 2021 - December 10, 2021
Holidays Across the Border (Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Wednesday December 8 – Friday December 10, 2021
This past tour took place in December 2021. It was an intimate travel tour, with only twelve guests, and a distinctly personalized trip to the Niagara-on-the-Lake (NOTL) region during one of the most beautiful times of the year to visit. Highlights included snow covered historic vistas, holiday light displays, culinary delights, wine tastings, great entertainment, and last-minute holiday shopping. Our warm and cozy accommodations were at the Pillar and Post Inn and Spa. This five-star country inn was perfectly located for all our activities in NOTL. We were treated to both holiday shows at the world-class Shaw Festival – the delightful musical, Holiday Inn, and a wonderfully creative production of A Christmas Carol, as well as an enlightening talk by Shaw Festival Scholar Leonard Conolly. We were awed by the Winter Festival of Lights in Niagara Falls, and in St. Catharine’s, we were treated to a private dinner prepared by Executive Chef Josh Berry with a wine paring created by Sommelier Corinne Maund at the amazing 13th Street Winery.
- Niagara Falls – The Floral Showhouse, Winter Festival of Lights, Queen Charlotte Tea Room
- Niagara-on-the-Lake – Historic Walking Tour, Gryphon Ridge Highland Cattle, Shopping, Spas
- Shaw Festival – Holiday Inn, Christmas Carol, and talk by Shaw scholar Leonard Conolly
- NOTL Dining – Queen’s Landing, Pillar and Post, Café by Treadwell, Gelato di Carlotta
- Wineries – 13th Street Winery in St. Catharines and Bella Terra Winery in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Lodging – The Historic Pillar and Post Inn and Spa
Click here to view photos from the trip!