A celebration of all things autumnal, the inaugural OCTavern Festival, presented by Java’s, will take place at the Stone-Tolan Historic Site in Brighton, New York. On Friday, October 8th and Saturday, October 9th, the house and its 215-year-old rural tavern will host small groups of guests who will enjoy live music, cider, beer from Strangebird Brewery, and seasonal fare. On Saturday from 11am to 5pm, there will be a site-wide celebration on the beautiful grounds of the property, with local farmers, food vendors, and craftspeople providing demonstrations and items for purchase. See below for more details, including parking information and our COVID-19 protocols for the event.
- Friday, October 8th: Reserved seatings at 5pm and 7pm
- Saturday, October 9th: Reserved seatings at 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, and 7pm
- Saturday, October 9th: Site-wide festival from 11am to 5pm (family-friendly and free to the public!)
Please note before making your purchase:
- EVERYONE in your party must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Acceptable forms of proof include: Excelsior Pass, COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, or a photo of your vaccination card on a mobile phone.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your reservation time to allow time for check-in and to show proof of vaccination.
- Anyone that attempts to check in without proof of vaccination will be refused entry, and partial refunds will NOT be issued for anyone in your party that is unvaccinated.
- Everyone in your party must be over 21 and must provide valid ID at check-in. Partial refunds for anyone in your party who is not admitted will not be issued.
- Please see below for refund policies.
- Tickets for reserved seating are sold by the table (not individually), for groups of 2 to 8. Table cost ranges from $80 for a table for two to $320 for a table for eight.
- Larger groups can book an entire room, if available (our Parlor seats up to 11, our Kitchen seats up to 16, and our Tavern seats up to 19).
- Friday evening seating times are at 5pm and 7pm.
- Saturday seating times are at 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, and 7pm.
- A limited number of tables will also available to reserve outside the house (these tables will be under a tent in case of light rain).
Your Reservation Includes:
- One beer or cider for everyone at your table (a non-alcoholic option will be available);
- One freshly baked pretzel for everyone at your table;
- A light charcuterie plate to share among your group; and
- A souvenir glass featuring the OCTavern logo for everyone at your table.
- Additional drinks will be available for purchase.
Thank you for your support of The Landmark Society of Western New York!
- All volunteers and attendees inside Stone-Tolan House and the outdoor reserved seating area are required to be vaccinated. Masks are not required while seated.
- Vaccination is not required to attend the outdoor festival, but unvaccinated vendors, visitors, and volunteers must be masked.
- Masks must be worn in restrooms and other indoor spaces, regardless of vaccination status.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or that has had potential exposure to someone with COVID-19 is kindly asked to stay home.
- No refunds are available for this event.
- Partial refunds will not be issued for members of your party who do not show ID and/or proof of COVID-19 vaccination status.
- Partial refunds will not be issued for parties who do not fill all of the available seats at their reserved table.
- If you or a member of your party have been exposed to COVID-19, to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or you or someone in your party has tested positive, please contact Director of Public Programs, Cindy Boyer, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The focus of OCTavern Festival is on regional agriculture and locally-made products. On Saturday, October 9th from 11am to 5pm, Stone-Tolan will host a curated selection of makers, artisans, and craftspeople working primarily in traditional and natural materials (paper, wood, clay, floral, fiber, skincare, etc).
Some of the artists that will be at OCTavern Festival include:
- Unstrung Studios: Woodburned botanical, anatomical, and Rochester themed pieces, both fine art and functional wares that are burned entirely by hand.
- Earth Friendl.e: Handmade, sustainable macrame art including plant hangers, wall hangings, keychains, and market bags.
- Pinnacle Pottery: Handmade stoneware pottery, including kitchen and tableware.
- Spalted Creek: Turned pens, bottle stoppers, wood flags, and other items made of wood or reclaimed wood.
- Pure Best: All-natural luxury soaps.
- Sonnaie: Landscape paintings and Risograph prints.
- Stick & Poke Florist: Uniquely stunning bouquets of forever flowers, beautiful palettes presented via dried flowers.
- Rosy Candle Co: Coconut soy candles, wax melts, aromatherapy mood, room and linen sprays.
- mac and zim: Wool rug-punched pillows, blankets and other home items featuring original artwork.
- Flint’s Maple: Maple syrup, sauces, and other delicious maple-based goods
- The Brown Suga Co.: Classic and seasonal cookie creations
- Holly Ivy Art: Enameled glass on copper jewelry, decor, and wall art
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8th
Parking is available in the Stone-Tolan lot for volunteers and people with table reservations. Please plan to carpool with your party as spaces are limited, or consider taking a ride-sharing service such as Uber or Lyft.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9th
Parking in the Stone-Tolan lot is for vendors, volunteers, and anyone with a mobility disability and valid permit.
Everyone else, including those with reserved seating at 1pm, 3pm and 5pm should park in the lot at 1101 Clover Street (former Baptist Temple atthe corner of Highland Ave. and Clover St. and take the free shuttle or walk to the festival site (0.4 miles). The shuttle runs from 11am to 7:15pm.
Groups with 7pm reservations on Saturday may park in the Stone-Tolan lot.
If your business is interested in OCTavern Festival sponsorship opportunities, please contact Diane Chevron at 585-694-6865 or email@example.com. Thank you to our sponsors for their generous support of this event.