- This event has passed.
TRAVEL TOUR: PALM SPRINGS MODWEEK
February 12 - February 17
Landmark Society Members: $3,475 double occupancy / $4,025 single occupancy
Non-members: $3,775 double occupancy / $4,325 single occupancy
The price includes round-trip flights from Rochester to Palm Springs, ground transportation, five nights at Saguaro Palm Springs, eleven meals, nine ModWeek events, and much more.
To register, please print, complete and return this RESERVATION FORM by Friday, December 6, 2019. For more information, please feel free to contact Larry Francer, email@example.com or 585.546.7029 x 14.
Modernism Week’s signature February Event is an annual celebration of mid-century modern design, architecture, art, fashion and culture. This exciting festival takes place in February in the Palm Springs area of Southern California. Modernism Week features more than 350 events including the Modernism Show & Sale, Signature Home Tours, films, lectures, Premier Double Decker Architectural Bus Tours, nightly parties and live music, walking and bike tours, tours of Sunnylands, fashion, classic cars, modern garden tours, a vintage travel trailer exhibition, and more. Check out Modernism Week’s website, and this program of all events!
Join Landmark Society staff for a truly personalized visit to Palm Springs during this fascinating festival. Larry will be working with his college roommate, Ron Duby, to sift through the hundreds of events and take you to the highlights and the hidden gems. Ron could write an entire book on ModWeek. He was a board member of Palm Springs Preservation Foundation, one of the three Palm Springs architecture and preservation non-profits that organized ModWeek fifteen years ago. Ron and his partner Ken live in a “Butterfly Alexander” designed by their friend, the late, great Bill Krisel, and built by The Alexander Construction Company, a local legend. Ron and Ken will be giving us a private tour of their home and hopefully joining us throughout the trip.
Our tour will get you in on many experiences now sold out, since registration opened to the public on Nov. 1st. All of our tours (except the Architectural Bus Tour) include interiors of homes, unlike most tours. Here is a list of the events included on our tour:
- Architectural Bus Tour
- Private tour of a “Butterfly Alexander” home designed by architect Bill Krisel
- Vista Las Palmas neighborhood multi-home tour of Alexander Construction Company designed homes
- Modernism Show and Sale
- The Cree House single-home tour designed by architect Albert Frey
- ModWeek Happy Hour with live music by the Dreamboats Band
- Print Release Party at the SHAG store in Uptown Design District
- Architect William Cody designed Iconic Racquet Club Cottages West multi-home tour
- William Holden Estate single-home tour in the Deepwell Estates Neighborhood
- Twin Palm’s Neighborhood multi-home tour
- Modernism Vintage Car Show
- Sunday night exclusive cocktail party at the Sinatra Estate!