Landmark Travels: Christmastime on the Danube
November 28 - December 4
JUST ADDED! Book by May 31st for free airfare!
A perfect pre-Holiday gift to yourself and loved ones. Unwind after your big Thanksgiving celebration with a relaxing cruise on the Danube river. Explore three major Christmas Markets with two nights on a luxury Star-Ship in Vienna, one in Bratislava, and one in Budapest. Then enjoy an additional night in Budapest before arriving home refreshed before the Holiday season kicks into high gear.
The Holidays are for making memories and we have a river cruise that will create memories that will last forever. Enjoy the splendor of the Danube on an Emerald Cruises luxury Star-Ship. Sail from Vienna to Budapest over five festive days and wander twinkling Christmas markets, taking in the waft of delicious mulled wine and roasted chestnuts. Uncover the eastern charm of Bratislava before having the opportunity to explore the majesty of Budapest at Christmas time. There is something undeniably magical about seeing the Christmas markets in all their glory in front of the city’s grand St. Stephen’s Basilica cathedral. We are then spending another evening at the centrally located, sleek, modern Barcelo Budapest hotel before heading home.
- Guided motor coach tour of Austria’s capital where we will see some of Vienna’s world-famous sites such as the Opera House, Burgtheatre, Town Hall, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, and the Hofburg Imperial Palace.
- A Viennese evening concert.
- In Bratislava enjoy a sight-seeing tour including the enchanting Old City with its Town Hall, Mirbach Palace, and the Gothic Cathedral of St Martin. Alternatively, join an active guided hike to Bratislava Castle.
- In Budapest there will be a guided tour of the city sights including the Hungarian Parliament Building, the Buda Castle and the Chain Bridge linking Buda and Pest or an exciting hike on the Buda Hill. In the evening, enjoy a traditional Hungarian dinner, then a Hungarian folk dancing and music performance on board.
- There will be Christmas markets in all three cities and we will join a special tour to Szentendre Island for one of Budapest’s most traditional markets with local art and crafts.
- Airfare and transfers
- Admission for all included excursions as well as two DiscoverMORE excursions to the Viennese evening concert and Szentendre Island
- 5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners
- Local beer and wine at all meals on the ship
- Gratuities on the ship and for excursions
Travel Protection Plan not included but highly encouraged. A few meals are not included and gratuities for housekeeping at the hotel in Budapest are not included. DiscoverMORE excursion to Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna is not included.
- Starting at $3,695 per person, double occupancy.
- Riviera (E) Emerald Stateroom $3,695 / $1,187
- Riviera (D) Emerald Stateroom $3,810 / $1,262
- Vista (B) Panorama Balcony Suite $4,345 / $1,609
- Horizon (A) Panorama Balcony Suite $4,395 / $1,624
- Horizon (S) Grand Balcony Suite $4,695 / $2,780
- Horizon (SA) Owner’s 1-Bedroom Suite $5,145 / $3,230
- $400 deposit and $450 optional (but recommended) travel insurance (TPP) that covers flights.
- Passengers booking their own airfare (perhaps from another departure city) would pay $350 for travel insurance.
- Final payment due on or before August 26, 2022.
For the full tour itinerary and brochure, click here.
If you choose not to purchase TPP or cancel for a non-covered reason, the following cancellation charges will be assessed:
- Up to 91 days prior to departure: $400 deposit
- 90 days to day of departure: $100% of tour cost
To reserve your spot, download and complete the reservation form here and send to Larry Francer at email@example.com.
If you have additional questions, you can email or call Larry at 585-537-5954.