- This event has passed.
Historic Tax Credit Webinar for Homeowners
August 27, 2020 @ 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Brought to you through the generous support of Esther Krakower, REALTOR GRI CRS CRB CRP e-PRO, HUNT Real Estate ERA
Attention homeowners in National Register historic districts! Did you know that you are eligible to apply to the NYS Historic Homeownership Rehabilitation Tax Credit program? Administered by the NY State Historic Preservation Office, this program provides a credit off your NYS income tax that helps offset the cost of repairs and upgrades to your historic home!
We want to help you save money and maintain your home’s character. Join us for a FREE webinar on Thursday, August 27th where we’ll explain:
- How to determine if you qualify
- What type of work qualifies for tax credits
- Step-by-step guide through the application process
- Examples of two real-life Homeowner Tax Credit project
Registration required: Click here to register
Caitlin Meives, Director of Preservation, The Landmark Society
Christopher Brandt, Project Architect, Bero Architecture, PLLC
Who should attend this webinar?
Owner occupants in any eligible or already listed National Register historic district within the city of Rochester or counties outside of Monroe within our 9-county region. Owner occupants of homes that are individually listed in the National Register and are in a qualifying census tract for the tax credits (all districts within the City of Rochester are qualifying and most areas outside of Monroe County are as well).
Is my house in a historic district?
There are over a dozen National Register-listed historic districts within the city of Rochester. They include:
- Maplewood Historic District
- Arvine Heights Historic District
- Sibley-Elmdorf Historic District (Sibley Tract in the 19th Ward)
- Chili-West Historic District (19th Ward)
- Inglewood & Thurston Historic District (19th Ward)
- Grove Place Historic District
- Third Ward (Corn Hill) Historic District
- Madison Square – West Main Historic District (Susan B. Anthony Neighborhood)
- Mt. Hope – Highland Historic District
- Linden-South Historic District
- South Wedge Historic District
- East Avenue Historic District
- Park Avenue Historic District
- Browncroft Historic District
Have questions about whether you’re in a historic district or if this webinar is relevant to you? Email us!